The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vaccine Refuser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Vaccine Refuser Reply with quote

I was discharged in May of 2003 for refusing to take the shot. I certainly never had regrets of my decision and this book has only reinforced my convictions. Before disobeying the direct order I researched the vaccine extensively, but I only gathered some of the "puzzle pieces." This book assembled the pieces and filled in the huge gaps that I could not have possibly filled. While making my decision to refuse I spoke to many of my enlisted superiors of which quite a few complained of headaches, fatigue and joint pain post vaccination. I was stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB (North Carolina) and still keep in touch with many of the friends I made serving. I see in the list of lots containing squalene that one was distributed at SJAFB and I was wondering if perhaps anyone knows when exactly that was.

Thanks,
Tom Kaufmann
Tomk@NYU.EDU
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to TomK, RE: FAV 030 at Seymour Johnson AFB Reply with quote

Dear TomK: According to BioPort's records, BioPort shipped 400 doses of squalene-positive anthrax vaccine lot FAV 030 to Seymour Johnson AFB on 13 May 1998. BioPort then shipped an additional 2,950 doses of FAV 030 to SJAFB on 10 September 1998.

Sincerely,
Gary Matsumoto
TomK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Lots to SJAFB Reply with quote

Gary,
I have a friend who received the vaccine series starting in the fall of 2002 (when AVIP was restarted). He now complains of constant fatigue and headaches and has been seeking help from the VA. I'm not sure what the shelf life of the vaccine is but do you think that he was given injections from FAV030 (distributed in Sept. of 1998) or perhaps a new lot that contained squalene? Also, would it be medically beneficial for him to have his blood tested?
Thanks,
Tom
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to TomK, RE: Lots to SJAFB Reply with quote

Dear TomK: Chronic fatigue and headaches are two of the most commonly reported symptoms associated with Gulf War Syndrome, and are symptoms - along with rashes, chronic muscle and joint pain, dizziness, short term memory loss - associated with the early stages of autoimmune disease.

The shelf life of anthrax vaccine is indefinite. If an anthrax vaccine lot passes its potency test after its labelled expiration date, it will be reintroduced into the vaccine supply with a new expiration date.

That, however, does not prove your friend received FAV 030. The lot number(s) your friend received should have been entered into his WHO shot card and his medical records. He should check that against the squalene-positive or "suspect positive" lot numbers listed in this forum as soon as possible.

The anti-squalene antibody test from Tulane may be justifiable at some point. I would recommend that your friend be methodical about this. First, he should see if he can document the lot numbers he received. Second, he should discuss with his primary care physician (preferably a civilian physician) the possibility that an allergic or autoimmune disease process might be causing his chronic fatigue and headaches. If he does discuss this possibility with a civilian physician, I would recommend his avoiding any suggestion that it is related to anthrax immunization; at least, I would postpone that discussion until after clinical tests for autoimmunity were run. Third, if your friend's doctor agrees to test him for autoimmune phenomena, like anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA), and your friend tests positive for ANA, then your friend might wish to have Tulane Medical School also test his serum for anti-squalene antibodies.

Chronic fatigue and headaches can result from a number of different phenomena, including an allergy unrelated to his anthrax shots. Your friend cannot assume his symptoms are anthrax vaccine-related. If these symptoms occurred in 2002, post-vaccination, then the "temporal association" between his anthrax shots and his illness is a clue to its causation, but not proof. If he received shots from any squalene-positive lots like FAV 030, then he will be able to demonstrate exposure to nanodoses of an agent that is known to cause autoimmune joint damage and neurological damage in animals, and the identical problems in humans.

Again, I would urge your friend to begin assembling evidence to support or negate his suspicions that his illness is related to his anthrax shots.

Sincerely,
Gary Matsumoto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: