The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROTC Cadets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRocksMom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: ROTC Cadets Reply with quote

In the summer of 2000, higher doses than indicated of anthrax vaccine were accidentally administered to cadets participating in ROTC advanced camp at Fort Lewis, Washington. The nature, rates and severity of short-term side effects in relation to vaccine doses were assessed.

In total, 73 cadets with orders for follow-on training in Korea were scheduled to begin the anthrax vaccine series during Advanced Camp 2000 at Fort Lewis, Washington. On 16 June 2000, 25 cadets received 1.0 milliliter (ml) of the vaccine as their first doses, twice the amount (0.5 ml) recommended by the Food and Drug Administration. The accidental “doubled” doses were given when medical personnel administering the vaccine misunderstood instructions provided by a physician who explained how some residual vaccine remains in the needle hub after, for example, administering 1.0 ml of a vaccine. The medical personnel, who had substantial previous experience in giving anthrax vaccine in 0.5 ml doses, interpreted this guidance to mean that they were to give 1.0 ml of the vaccine. After 25 doubled doses had been administered, clinic personnel realized that they did not have enough vaccine to immunize all cadets who were scheduled. The problem was immediately identified, and actions were implemented to assure correct subsequent dosing.

In summary, cadets who received doubled first doses of anthrax vaccine had higher rates of several self-reported reactions. All reactions to the vaccine were mildand self-limiting, and none affected cadet training.

This was hushed very quickly in the media and a congressional hearing followed.

Gary, how are these cadets today? Long-term side effects reported? Were any of these reported to VAERS? I do NOT believe the studies or the reporting! Can you somehow find out for me how these cadets are today? I have waited almost 5 years for the TRUTH.

Thank you for your time and efforts!
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to DaRocksMom Reply with quote

Dear DaRocksMom: This is the first I've heard about this incident with teh ROTC cadets at Fort Lewis. I will make some inquiries.

Sincerely,
Gary Matsumoto
DaRocksMom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: ROTC Cadets Reply with quote

You can go to the Medical Surveillance Monthly Report. May/June 2001 Vol. 7 No. 5. pg. 9. I have a copy of the .pdf but do not know how to get in touch with you to send.

Again, I want to thank you for finding out about the cadets. Not a day goes by without my thinking of them and wondering. Wishing it away does not correct the wrong and I know they were wronged. "Accidents" like these should not be kept silent.
DaRocksMom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: ROTC Cadets Reply with quote

I have the Medical Surveillance Report on the cadets but it means nothing. Again, the TRUTH.
DaRocksMom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: ROTC Cadets Reply with quote

Just bumping this post and wondering if anything new has come about? Certainly picking Cadets as their guinea pigs, the "tracking" could be done. It appears their "tracking' was very short-term and shoty. Once again, DENIAL of both reaction and/or event. Shame, shame, shame!
sicksoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the U.S. Army back in 1990 and we got the anthrax and related vaccines also. This information may help? When I went up for my the innoculations the medical person that was administering the Airgun kept fiddling with the dosage knob and kept changing the settings on it. When I got up to him he changed the dosage knob again; so what I think happened it that he set it to a higher setting but I didn't catch it right off hand. I believe I too got double dosed...

What is with the double doseing? Me personally, I think that it is all being done on purpose. Why? And why some and not others? I think they know who to double dose and who not to... This anthrax vaccine is harming soldiers and no one cares or wants to stop it from hurting others. I think it may be an attack of some kind on the U.S.A.!!! Who knows? All I know is people are getting injured and it just keeps going on. Who is in charge here? NO One? Certain Few? I believe this all to be deliberate! Why would cadets need this vaccine for? It is dangerous and is harmful. Is this just a "theatrical performance..." to show that the kids are okay after being double dosed to justify giving more of these very dangerous vaccines? This is what I would like to know!

Well, people are getting hurt and injured and this insanity needs to stop! This is my personal belief. Where will this all end? We were fine until this adjuvants disease caused by the anthrax vaccine did this to us. Now I hear that they want to put adjuvant in the Flu vaccines? More sick people will result from this... is this the objective to render poeple sick to wipe us out more easily? Just a thought! It is shameful to hurt cadets like that! Mad

All I am saying is something isn't right with this picture... My advice is don't trust just anyone with your life! Be suspiscious and don't get vaccines!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: