The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saw Beatles in 1964

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Come Together @ Lennon Revealed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roberta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Saw Beatles in 1964 Reply with quote

Hello,
I just ordered the book "Lennon Revealed" and I am really looking forward to it. I am 55 years old now but I was one of the Beatlemaniacs as we were called then. I saw the Beatles at Cincinnati Gardens their first U.S. tour in August. I will never forget it. I remember the Righteous Brothers and Jackie DeShannon were the opening acts; then there was an intermission where, I am sure, every young girl in the audience (including myself) threw all of our little love notes to whichever Beatle we thought we loved and if ever they would meet us that would be it. HA Ha. but just before the Beatles were to perform some man came out on stage and with a big push broom swept all of those love notes off of the stage. You could hear the hearts breaking when that happened. My best friend at the time and I went and had great seats. Even though that has now been 40 years ago I will never forget it. It was such an innocent time for me just listening to their music, buyiing Beatles Bubble Gum cards (for all you young folk it was like buying baseball cards). I had my entire room
covered with them. When John was murdered it was the close of a chapter of my life even though I was older by then but I still think of them often and when I hear John's music and the Beatles it takes me back to a wonderful time in my life. One time one of my nieces said to me, "Wow, Aunt Roberta, you actually saw the Beatles, I have never met anyone who has before, that is really cool" Yes, indeed it was very cool and the memory still is.
Roberta in Cincinnati
Author - Larry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the Gardens that night. A great concert.

Sorry we didn't meet up!!

Larry
billy shears55

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: saw the beatles Reply with quote

i also am 55 and saw the beatles at shea stadium in my in 1965...i sat behind first base in the second level.....the beatles were and still are my favorite musicians....no one can touch them......i love most of the sixties music such as the stones, kinks, doors, csny, who...but also loved the punk era with acts like the ramones, blondie, jam, talking heads, clash, the list is endless but it always comes back to john, paul, george and ringo.....and it will never ever change.....and again lennon revealed is quite a masterpiece already........bill p.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Come Together @ Lennon Revealed All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: