The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anthrax vaccination timeline...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Anthrax vaccination timeline... Reply with quote

In the last paragraph of Chapter 5 on page 88, it states, " On January 5, 1991, the U.S. military finally started immunizing its troops against anthrax." That is incorrect. While stationed at Hurlburt Field Air Force Base (Special Ops), right before being deployed to Saudi Arabia for Operation Desert Shield, I received an Anthrax vaccination on August 29, 1990. They were going to send me with no gas mask, and when the commander found out, she pulled me from the deployment. I never deployed and in February 1991, I left the service. Within a year from the administration of the Anthrax shot, I started to notice certain symptoms happening to me. After a few years, through the VA healthcare system, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I am now a service connected disabled veteran (without them admitting the shot caused my disability).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Anthrax Vaccination timeline Reply with quote

For whatever reason, the VA automatically associates MS as being service connected if it occurs within 7 years of separation of service. I found this interesting, and surely someone has to ask "why"?
DKehl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the VA have any documentation online showing that MS within 7 years of service is considered service related? If so, where can I find a copy?

Thanks!
emidan611

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: VA Dovcumentation regarding MS Reply with quote

DKehl wrote:
Does the VA have any documentation online showing that MS within 7 years of service is considered service related? If so, where can I find a copy?

Thanks!

Here is a link on information of what the VA has on service connection regarding MS. The top section is general rating information, but a little further down, it lists Neurological Disorders: http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=6cb88841cd27ce5e4e7c3ff0eb4c4073&rgn=div5&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5&idno=38

Here is a link to the only information I can find on the VA website regarding presumptive eligibility of MS: http://www.va.gov/ms/vfaq/afmviewfaq.asp?faqid=53

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Try these links Reply with quote

http://www.avip2001.net/OfficialDocuments.htm
http://www.avip2001.net/timeline.pdf
http://www.avip2001.net/timeline.rtf
GulfVet2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Timeline Reply with quote

Guest ... great links ... thanks.

I too am wondering (like the first guest thread) if the military was giving shots out earlier than January 5, 1991. I was given shots in Dover in August and I'm not totally sure of what I received. I don't remember anyone saying "anthrax", but they just lined us up like cattle and hurried us through giving us several shots. I became sick after the first gulf war, but didn't knowingly receive my anthrax shots until 1999 (after which I got sicker still). Any thoughts?
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply to Guest and GulfVet2, RE: Timeline et al. Reply with quote

Dear Guest and GulfVet2: The Department of Defense selectively vaccinated some people against anthrax prior to 5 January 1991, but according to the biomedical defense logs kept by the J5, the medical readiness officer for the Joint Chiefs, the in theater immunization of troops against anthrax began on 5 January 1991. The British began vaccinating their troops in theater around that time too; some, however, received immunizations prior to deployment and got so sick they could not go to the Gulf.

I do not know why some troops got anthrax immunizations prior to January 5th, 1991, but some clearly did. Col. Herbert J. Smith, whom I write about in VACCINE A, received his first anthrax shot in the United States, prior to deployment, in December 1990 if I recall correctly, but he has no record of it. He says the medics refused to log his first shot, received here in America, into his WHO shot card. In Saudi Arabia, Smith insisted on getting the anthrax shot logged, and it was entered into his records as "Vac-A." The J5 logs clearly state the immunization program began on January 5th, 1991; but you can find plenty of exceptions.

You may have gotten your shots in August 1990, but unless you know which shots you received, and what type of illness from which you suffer, or have antibodies to squalene, there is virtually no way to pinpoint what made you ill. If you got ill around the time of your August vaccinations, prior to heading in country, then, at best, you might be able to blame your illness, based on a "temporal association," on too many vaccinations at one time. But if you became ill after heading into the AOR, then it is possible that you received an exposure to something else in that particular battlefield environment that made you sick.

The same issues apply to your 1999 vaccinations. If you received immunizations from a vaccine lot proven to contain squalene, or suspected of containing squalene, and if your illness is linked to autoimmunity, and, if you are among those military personnel who've already tested positive for anti-squalene antibodies, then you can narrow down your list of potential causative agents. Otherwise, your case will remain stuck in a diagnostic swamp from which you have little hope of extricating yourself. A mere temporal association with anthrax vaccination, without a diagnosis, leaves you in the realm of vague "anecdotal evidence." That will impair your chances of getting appropriate and effective treatment for what is apparently a chronic illness from which you have suffered for a long time.

RE: THE AVIP2001 TIMELINE: This timeline was compiled for the sole purpose of discrediting the licensed vaccine in order to sell the new vaccine to Congress and the public. I have reported the available evidence in VACCINE A that it was the selective testing of the new vaccine, without informed consent, that made people sick.

The AVIP2001 timeline, which has been circulating for years, begins more than twenty years after the R&D commenced on the licensed anthrax vaccine (ca. 1945 in Britain). This timeline makes bare mention of the new, second generation anthrax vaccine, even though creating it has been Fort Detrick's chief biodefense initiative since 1980. In fact, the timeline makes only the slightest to the new vaccine; one of the two exceptions being a 1995 document in which Col. Arthur Friedlander re-stated the Army's longstanding argument for a new vaccine (Army scientists first made that case in 1960s and began acting on it in 1979-80).

There is no mention of oil adjuvants or squalene in this timeline.

Let me state my objections to this timeline as clearly as I can: It helps sell the very vaccine that I am saying made people sick. VACCINE A reports the evidence that the covert testing in troops of the second generation anthrax vaccine - with the oil adjuvants squalene, squalane or Walter Reed liposomes - that made them incurably ill with autoimmune diseases. Documents like the AVIP2001 Timeline help make the case for scrapping the old vaccine, which is precisely what the Army wants to do in favor the vaccine that is not only dangerous, but probably ineffective. There are reasons to believe that it won't protect troops against every strain of anthrax. So this timeline actually helps make the case for the adoption of the very vaccine, the new one, that endangers American troops in more ways than one.

Sincerely,
Gary Matsumoto
John F. Sorg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Timeline Reply with quote

With due respect sir, I believe you are on the right in your conclusion, but way ahead of everyone else on the substance and purpose of the Timeline in question. We should not discount all of the information contained in this timeline as mere propaganda.

My point is that this scraping the old for the new, is an ongoing process. Please see the below link. This article refers to a Washinton Post article from just before the Gulf War in 1989. The DOD was looking for more funding. They apparently labeled their vaccine as inadequate at that time. After realizing that they were not going to get help that way, they brought the vaccine into use during the Gulf War. This way they could hold the troops hostage for a newer vaccine. It is all about pumping up the DOD budget.

Anthrax Vaccine Had Unlikely Critic
http://www.avip2001.net/DOCS/Critic04.htm

And thanks again for all the work you have done on this issue,

John F. Sorg
John F. Sorg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: AVIP2001 Timeline Reply with quote

My appologies for not making one more point concerning the Timeline.

The author of the AVIP2001 Site had nothing to do with the development of the Timeline in question. This Timeline was put together by members and staff of the House Government Reform Committee (and/or Shay's subcommittee) in 2000.

Thanks again for this forum,
John F. Sorg
ex-WRAMC staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: timeline Reply with quote

To guest, I received one shot, Sept, 1990. The timeline Gary gives is not incorrect, it reflects the "official" date that Dod gave mass vaccinations to troops just before the ground war.
GulfVet2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Early Unknown Shots Reply with quote

Gary,

I don't know what shots I received in August of 1990 at Dover. They pushed us through the line pretty quick and there weren't alot of questions and answers. I didn't get sick until after I was over in the gulf region. The rashes and fatigue started while there, the joint/muscle pain and memory/concentration problems started after I got back home. I worked with a naturopath for quite a few years and was able to get some of the symptoms to lessen, but never to go away. Then in 1999 I received the anthrax shots I do know about. In addition to all the site swelling, I had a miscarriage and all the other symptoms became stronger again. According to Dr. Asa, I received 3 shots out of 5 that were from tainted lots (1-#38 and 2-#47). I have also tested positive (by Dr. Asa) for anti-squalene antibodies. THe VA where I receive care as well as any other doctors I have consulted through the years all seem to agree my symptoms are autoimmune, but I don't fit completely into a known auto-immune disease category. The VA continues to do tests, but they don't think there is much they can do for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: