The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for advice teaching English in China

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianFilm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Looking for advice teaching English in China Reply with quote

I'm sure someone has taught English overseas on this site.

I'm looking for advice on cost of living in Hong Kong (Beijing and Shanghai are my other options so if you've taught there I'll gladly take advice on those cities too!)

What are the average hours per week of work?

Do I need to get any shots before traveling overseas? Swine Flu, Malaria, etc.

Cost of living?

If you know anything about hiring season in China. I just don't want to pay a large sum of money to become TEFL certified and find there are no jobs availible.

So if anyone can give advice or links with information I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Smile
trentonsheridan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm teaching in Korea right now. The best site out there for teaching English is Dave's esl cafe. i can't link it cause its my first post on this forum but it is (esl cafe . com) with no spaces
You might want to get swine flu vaccine while your still in your home country. I actually have swine flu right now, and its really not that bad, but my school is being really shitty about it. Koreans don't really believe in sick days and our head boss is a money grubbing bastard (SLP in korea). Either way its a national emergency or whatever so they're letting me stay home. But my guess is China might be the same way so I'd get vaccinated if I were you. Either way, to a 20-something year old, its just another flu. But yeah, check out dave's esl cafe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: