The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congratulations Josh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Congratulations Josh! Reply with quote

Hello Josh,

I wanted to congratulate you on winning the DTRW fellowship. I'm sure you're thrilled. You'll definitely have some interesting findings. I'm anxious to follow along once your roadtrip begins.

Denny Clark and I have already begun our adventure of traveling America from Atlantic to Pacific on foot this summer. You can check out our daily updates of videos, photos, and writings at: www.nostrangerland.blogspot.com

If you see us on the roadside, perhaps you'll consider giving us a lift! We'll be the two skinny, exhausted-looking guys with backpacks. haha.

I noticed from your application that you have never even read Delaying the Real World. My best advice to you is to pick up a copy of this book ASAP. I've owned it for three years now, and it has certainly changed my life from working at Club Med in the Turks and Caicos Islands upon graduation, to circling the globe on a solo adventure last year, to the journey I'm on this very day. I call it my bible. I've told every kindred spirit I've met around the world to get their hands on a copy. I hope that once you read it, you will do the same because it's a great thing that every young mind should take a look at.

Very neat of you to combine adventure and politics together (a tough thing to pull off!) As long as you do your best to get Barack elected, I support you all the way. Otherwise, if McCain's in charge, you can find me living in Sweden in 2009 if you're looking for another adventure.

I would love to get in touch with your personally, so please write to nostrangerland@gmail.com if you see this message.

Best of luck on your quest. Cheers to getting to know America this summer.

sincerely,

brian triplett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: