The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Gary...Getting the word out to everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gulfwarsleuth

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: To Gary...Getting the word out to everyone Reply with quote

Gary,
I have been reading the posts here and find no reference to a "media blitz" campaign. I am sure your publisher and publicist made a major push when the book was published.
I am curious as how much "main stream" press you received. You are certainly well connected and if you cannot get the coverage necessary to get this book in the hands and minds of EVERY voter in America I wonder if anyone can.

Has any effort been made to get a copy of this book to every Senator and Member of Congress (or at least a member of their staff)? How about getting some "high profile" personality to fund the project (Oprah or such). The funding project would be news worthy and might give second life to the book.

Something must be done to get this back in the forefront of the news.
Something must be done to get some sort of medical help for the men &
women affected by this
Something must be done to get these practices ended.

I am willing to volunteer time to this effort. If you are interested please contact me.
perseus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply to gulfwarsleuth Reply with quote

Dear gulfwarsleuth:

Thanks for the offer. I think the time for a media blitz has long past.

Sincerely,
Gary Matsumoto
Author
Vaccine A
gulfwarsleuth

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: what can we do Reply with quote

Looks like it wore you out as well. I have only been at this for 2 years and I have run into so many people (crusaders for the cause) who have just given up. I can certainly understand that....especially since a large number of those involved are ill.

I know that "media blitz" should have come at the time of publication....the fact that I purchased my copy of the book off eBay from a close out company tells us something. However...the topic seems to be getting some new coverage of late.

I have decided that the best way for me to help the veterans is to serve as some sort of "information funnel". To that end I will be setting up a website that is mostly links to information. The Gulfwarvets website has some of that but has focused on individual claims moe than anything else. Any words of wisdom?
todsalin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: