The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dogsledding, arctic/antarctic exploration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trentonsheridan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Dogsledding, arctic/antarctic exploration Reply with quote

I just applied to work at a dogsled kennel in Alaska that my friend told me about. He said there were tons of opportunities up there for stuff like that. Does anybody have any suggestions or links? I'd really like to do anything in the arctic or antarctic.

I graduated college in May 2008 and I am about finished with a year teaching English in Korea. I was interested in this dogsledding thing because the season is April to May, basically right after I'm done here.
traveling_mike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to work onboard cruise ships. Subsaquently, I spent a lot of time in Alaska and we went on the dogsledding tour where the dudes and gals were handling the dogs during the summer season.
Our guide loved it. They would actually live on a glacier and hang out and work the dogs all day and take tourists out on rides. The guy was so sunburned on his face as well. It was crazy.

I say go for it. It sounds awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: