The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep on delaying?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J bean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Keep on delaying? Reply with quote

I graduated college, then worked as an assistant for 6 months. Then I volunteered in Kenya. I got evacuated suddenly and couldn't get a job for 4 months. I, then, worked for 7 months at a little non-profit and just got laid off because we didn't get a grant. Now I am unemployed and thinking of going back to Kenya with my savings (I saved a good amount) since I didnt get to experience all that I wanted to in Kenya. However, I don't have a solid work background to fall back on when I get back.

EVERYONE tells me I need to settle down and find a good job to stay at for over a year, but I have a cool opportunity to go back to Kenya now.

UGH! I don't know if I should travel AGAIN or get serious and get more job security first. I am 24.

Am I delaying too much?
Muir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Faith?
dr esjapi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: not delaying too much Reply with quote

Hi,

Be Brave! You are not delaying too much. You decide when enough is enough, if ever. Keep in mind that the urge to follow pursuits outside of the familiar is very UNfamiliar to most people who will surround you, so you can expect their well-intentioned encouragements to keep you in one place. But don't deny your heart, or it will haunt you. So what if you come from Kenya and don't have enough experience to land a job? Wait tables! What is it worth to pursue this opportunity or dream? If you decide to follow this dream, then decide also to be creative and make it work.

carpe diem, dear
DarienStubfootToad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is what you make of it.
Listen to what others have to say, but at the end of the day you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life, so do what you need to do to feel content.
You are not wasting your time. You are proactively seeking to enhance your life by helping others.
Go for it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: