The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security Guards Outside of the Dakota

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Come Together @ Lennon Revealed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Security Guards Outside of the Dakota Reply with quote

I was inside the Dakota a couple of times with my brother in the mid seventies, as he was a friend of one of the tenants there. My brother was an interesting guy, a true New Yorker who was in show business and usually had a unabashed show-biz based opinion on different situations I remember something that my brither had said that I never forgot. My brother criticized the security guards outside the Dakota! I mean, think about it. What is a security guard supposed to do? And really, what did the guards accomplish, or effect, that day! Not much! You've all seen the outside of the Dakota, in person or in pictures. There was a glass-enclosed booth wherein the guard was stationed. It is fact that the evildoer (I won't say his name) was there for a large portion of the day, received an autograph from John and even spoke to John. Okay, now it is after 10:00 on Mondaynight , the eighth of December. Haven't one or more security guards noticed that this malingerer is on the street hanging about? Didn't a guard notice that? Ask him what he's doing? Tell him to move on? Inform him that he cannot loiter, ask him who he wants to see? That's what I discussed with my brother, and it's valid, and no one ever talks about it, so I'm saying it here- and now. Too many people go to their jobs and keep a chair warm and don't do much else. An edgy word directed at this dropout and he might gone back to Hawaii or in desperation turned the gun on himself and saved the world from a lot of pain.
oc93

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really interesting point!

Olivia C. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Come Together @ Lennon Revealed All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: