The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

milvax website - new propaganda?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmmom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: milvax website - new propaganda? Reply with quote

My imagination may be overly active, or perhaps there have been changes to the www.vaccines.army.mil website to try to convince us of the necessity and safety of the anthrax vaccine. It also contains information about the safety of "squalene" that I have no recollection of.

I find it amazing that soldier vaccination records are available to them online considering that military technology to pay our men and women accurately hasn't yet moved into the 21st century. I guess it is obvious where DoD priorities lie.

QUESTION: My son is expecting the smallpox vaccination any day now. He has been in Afghanistan since July. Should he be asked to sign anything if he is receiving the original Dryvax vaccine? Is signing a list (as he thinks he did when he received the first anthrax innoculation 2 days prior to the injunction) indicative of being given an investigational new drug? Or is it standard military policy? Does anyone have any suggestions that I should give him? Thanks for any advice you all can offer!
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to "madmmom," RE: smallpox vaccine & lis Reply with quote

Dear madmmom: Since the mandatory anthrax immunizations began in 1998, the Department of Defense has always maintained that its anthrax vaccine is safe as well as necessary. At least since 1999 - the year I published "The Pentagon's Toxic Secret" in Vanity Fair - DoD has maintained, publicly, that squalene is safe.

Based on the available clinical evidence, the licensed anthrax vaccine is safe, though of debatable necessity.

Dryvax® is a licensed vaccine. According to the package insert, the contraindications include:

1. post-vaccinial encephalitis
2. encephalomyelitis
3. encephalopathy
4. progressive vaccinia
5. eczema vaccinatum

According to the Wyeth-Ayerst package insert:

Quote:
"Such complications may result in severe disability, permanent neurological sequelae, and/or death. Although a rare event, approximately 1 death per million primary vaccinations have occurred and 1 death per 4 million revaccinations have occurred after vaccinia vaccination. Death is most often the result of postvaccinial encephalitis or progressive vaccinia. Death has also been reported in unvaccinated contacts of individuals who have been vaccinated."

These statistics change according to variables like age. In babies less than a year old, one paper published in the Journal of Infectious Diseases in 1970 reported 5 deaths per million vaccinations.

According to military personnel that I have interviewed, signing a list prior to vaccination is an exception, not the rule. The only other time service members have report signing such a list was prior to receiving anthrax immunizations (in theater) during the first Gulf War.

That your son signed a list prior to receiving anthrax vaccinations for the second Gulf War does not constitute proof that your son received an IND vaccine, though it is an indication that he might have in light of the fact that Tulane University scientists report that some service members immunized against anthrax for Operation Iraqi Freedom have tested positive for anti-squalene antibodies.

DoD's priority is always "the mission," not the welfare of individuals.

Sincerely,
Gary Matsumoto
pnalin@sigecom.net

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: milvax - propaganda? Reply with quote

Did anyone notice that seven machines to detect anthrax will be arriving at the Kansas City postal processing plant? I guess the anthrax "spin" continues, but maybe more folks are becoming aware of a government that regularly cries "wolf." This also could present an opportunity for those concerned about the anthrax vaccines to have their voices heard. After all, this overreaction to bioterrorism threats arouses public interest in safety.

article found at KansasCity.com
written by Matt Campbell mcampbell@kcstar.com
servant of Yah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: milvax website - new propaganda? Reply with quote

madmmom wrote:
QUESTION: My son is expecting the smallpox vaccination any day now. He has been in Afghanistan since July. Should he be asked to sign anything if he is receiving the original Dryvax vaccine? Is signing a list (as he thinks he did when he received the first anthrax innoculation 2 days prior to the injunction) indicative of being given an investigational new drug? Or is it standard military policy? Does anyone have any suggestions that I should give him? Thanks for any advice you all can offer!

I wrote a series of columns on smallpox vaccination BEFORE the smallpox vaccination was even announced back in 11/2002 in which I outlined all the problems that would (and did) occur.

Received an interesting response from one the long and short of which was that immediate application of hydrogen peroxide to the vaccination site inactivates the vaccine. That is my best advice short of desertion for one so far away from home.
pnalin@sigecom.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: milvax- propaganda Reply with quote

Servant of Yah:

I know Gary likes to confine discussions to anthrax only. Could you email any info from your smallpox articles to me directly? I'd really like to see what you found out. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: