The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "New" Anthrax Vaccine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trebor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: The "New" Anthrax Vaccine Reply with quote

In the Army's new anthrax patent 6,387,665, is "pPA102" different from VAXGEN's upcoming rPA102 toxoid formula? (are the "p" and "r" the same thing).

BTW: The references in this book are astounding!!! Wink Truly an academic work, free from hearsay. What hurts is what the DoD takes off the record in attempt to conceal vulnerabilities, such as the Q&A noted on Pg. 262, Chap 12, Ref#40 "3. Does the anthrax vaccine contain squalene? Yes.) While this may be appropriate for a private company, it's a foul in government. It relays "contextual" elements otherwise not contained in the original work product.
Guest 3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now finished the book. It really is a fantastic work. The author does not attempt to gloss over any shortcomings - he is totally honest. If he doesn't have a particular piece of evidence he says so.
However, most reasonable persons must come away from this book with one conclusion - that is that DoD deliberately added illegal adjuvants to their vaccine. This book cannot be ignored by the US and UK governments. I wonder if they will hold people accountable?
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply to Trebor Reply with quote

Dear Trebor: Here's the short answer: the "p" and "r" are two different things. The "pPA102" to which United States Patent #6,387,665 refers is an artificial strain of Bacillus anthracis; "rPA102" is what this artificial strain produces, a protein called "protective antigen" made by recombinant DNA technology. It is a "recombinant" Protective Antigen (rPA), because it was made by recombining the organism's genes, thus endowing it with certain desirable characteristics. Here's a longer answer for technophiles: .DELTA.Sterne-1(pPA102)CR4 is the name the B. anthracis strain that scientists at USAMRIID genetically engineered in 1985 to make "protective antigen" (PA), which is the chief pharmaceutical ingredient in both the old and new vaccines. B. anthracis poisons its host with a toxin comprised of three proteins: protective antigen, lethal factor (LF) and edema factor (EF). Army scientists call this tripartite toxin a "virulence factor." There is a second "virulence factor" in B. anthracis, an acid capsule that acts like a suit of armor, inhibiting the ability of immune cells to destroy the germ. Army scientists genetically engineered the Sterne strain of anthrax to produce protective antigen only. This artificial strain does not produce the other two toxin proteins (LF and EF) or the acid capsule; and it cannot form spores. USAMRIID created this strain to produce an ultra-pure protective antigen that was free of even the slightest trace of LF and EF, and was free of the capsule. This ultra-pure PA was supposed to be safer to inject. It was. But as I explain in my book, it also made it a less effective immunization. In vaccine design, purity is a liability. This will sound counter-intuitive to most people, because purity is a desirable quality in things we consume every day like the water, food and air. But the most effective vaccines, the classic ones, are impure. In fact, they are sometimes called "dirty" vaccines, because they contain the whole germ, weakened or killed. Most flu vaccines are made from not one, but several strains of the influenza virus. The old and new anthrax vaccines do not contain the organism; they do not even contain a piece of it. PA is just one of three proteins that the germ secretes. That's why the old immunization was so ineffective. Purifying protective antigen meant there was even less material to which the immune system could respond. That's why rPA required a more powerful, immunostimulating additive like squalene. I am very gratified to know that you appreciate the references. As I am challenging assertions made by officials from two of the world's most powerful bureaucracies - the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - I needed to provide readers with the basis of my challenge. Unlike officials from DOD, the FDA, the Armed Forces Epidemiological Board (AFEB) and the Institute of Medicine (IOM), who have dismissed squalene as a non-issue with unsupported ex cathedra pronouncements, I took great pains to document all the data to the contrary. Ironically, these very agencies were often the sources of this contradictory data. The references are a kind of road map. Because of them, you do not have to take my word on anything; you can look everything up and decide for yourself who is telling the truth. Thank you for reading my book.
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: P.S. to Trebor Reply with quote

P.S. to Trebor: As I report in my book, bulk quantities of rPA102 were first produced at a National Cancer Institute laboratory on the Fort Detrick "research campus," starting around 1994. What I did not report in my book is this: the Army first planned to use rPA102 in an Army/Michigan Biologic Products Institute experiment entitled: Comparative Study of the Safety and Immunogenicity of Two-dose Priming Schedule of Human Anthrax Vaccine." This protocol was filed in September 1996 by LTC Phillip R. Pittman, MC, USAMRIID(Log No. A-7281). The following year, 1997, MBPI/BioPort made batches of anthrax vaccine that were later proven to contain squalene. These squalene-positive lots were administered to U.S. military personnel, beginning in 1998, the same year the National Institutes of Health formed the NIH Working Group (with DOD and the FDA) to "fast track" the licensure of the new vaccine. NIH and FDA are two agencies under the bureaucratic umbrella of DHHS, which can waive the informed consent requirement for the administration of experimental drugs and vaccines to U.S. troops. LTC Pittman was one of several Army scientists present at the 11 May 1999 briefing at which Air Force Surgeon General Charles Roadman informed Dover AFB pilots and air crew that there was no squalene in the anthrax vaccine administered there. Another Army scientist present at the Dover, Col. Arthur Friedlander, briefing assisted in this dosing experiment. Interestingly, Col. Arthur Friedlander also oversaw the scale-up production of one of the early versions of the Army's recombinant anthrax vaccine. This version, made from baculovirus at the Salk Institute in Swiftwater, PA, proved too difficult to purify, making it impractical as a "PA expression system" for large-scale production.
Trebor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks Gary! Reply with quote

Thanks Gary for your explanation.
Your work is vividly patriotic. An honor to read & an honor to those soldiers, airmen and sailors who are still "sticking it out" despite the wrongs that have been done to them. Godspeed! -Trebor, USAF Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: DOUBLE JEOPARDY Reply with quote

Why are we ABUSING our patriotic young men and women? First we have put many of them in harm's way AND then we continue to use their bodies, without their true consent, for the investigational study of drugs not yet approved by the FDA.
pnalin@sigecom.net

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: DoD is an acronym for Department of what? Reply with quote

I skimmed your book then loaned it out to a doctor. Would you please tell me how it is possible to obtain my son's military medical records? He had his first innoculation just hours before the current injunction. I fear it is temporary because BioPort Corporation in all its arrogance immediately announced that it was not slowing down production. Has anyone else traced the sole military supplier to the infamous Carlysle group? Reminiscent on a lesser scale to Halliburton????? Please help!!!!!
jblazez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

I traced Bioport to 1996 Purchase by Fuad El-Hibri. Corporate officers also include. Crowe(USN) Strange isn't it?
pnalin@sigecom.net

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: anthrax vaccine money trail Reply with quote

jblazez wrote:
I traced Bioport to 1996 Purchase by Fuad El-Hibri. Corporate officers also include. Crowe(USN) Strange isn't it?

I tried to email you and it came back to me. JBLAZEZ, I'm technologically challenged, so how can i reach you?

Pat Nalin
101 Camden Court
Evansville Indiana
(812) 476-8013
pnalin@sigecom.net
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to Pat Nalin, RE: Your Son's Medical Records Reply with quote

Dear Pat: If I am not mistaken, only your son is entitled to receive copies of his military medical records unless you have his written permission to gain access to them. Whoever gave him in anthrax shots should have logged the lot number in your son's WHO immunization card. So he should have a record of his shot. Based on the most recent run of Tulane's assay, other than the six lots of vaccine already proven to contain squalene (FAV 008, FAV 020, FAV 030, FAV 038, FAV 043, FAV 047), only two lots are definitively linked to the induction of anti-squalene antibodies (FAV 070 and FAV 071). However, an additional seven vaccine lots (FAV 048b, FAV 066, FAV 068, FAV 069, FAV 073, FAV 074, FAV 075) are causing the same autoimmune pathology in patients who received vaccinations from lots confirmed to contain squalene.

The first batch of recombinant protective antigen protein, which is the chief pharmaceutical ingredient in the Army's second generation anthrax vaccine, rPA102, was made in a National Cancer Institute lab at Fort Detrick. Other laboratories that had a hand in the developing rPA102 were the Salk Institute, Battelle Memorial Institute, DynPort and Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC).
servant of Yah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: DOUBLE JEOPARDY Reply with quote

Wake up call ...

Anonymous wrote:
Why are we ABUSING our patriotic young men and women? First we have put many of them in harm's way AND then we continue to use their bodies, without their true consent, for the investigational study of drugs not yet approved by the FDA.

This is not "the investigational study of drugs not yet approved by the FDA". It is an overt covert attack.

Sadly, Gary has only uncovered the tip of the iceberg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: