The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gulf coast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domesticandabroad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: gulf coast Reply with quote

anyone going or has been to the gulf coast to volunteer post-katrina? any suggestions on groups to connect with in mississippi or LA. ?
pepyride

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: ride from TX into New Orleans Reply with quote

Hey there

check out www.pepyride.org for a cycle trip raising funds and awareness.
domesticandabroad

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: GRVN in Biloxi, MS Reply with quote

check out grvn.org, that's the org i ended up volunteering through. you can stay a week, a month or 6 months ! up to your availability.
azheng

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: hands on gulf coast Reply with quote

hello there-

i have volunteered with Hands on Network (Biloxi, MS) and Hands on New Orleans twice in 2006 and had AMAZING experiences...food and lodging, and most incidental costs (like sunblock, topical medication) are covered, all you need to do is provide for your own transport to get there. you can go alone, go with a few others, or go in a big group for any lenght of time. It's a really great volunteer environment and you sign up daily for projects that range from tutoring to debris removal to social outreach.

check it out:
www.handsonneworleans. org
www.handsonnetwork. org

Enjoy!!
kristen923

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Gulf Coast work Reply with quote

I've been volunteering in the Gulf for the past year and a half. I've been to New Orleans, Waveland Miss, Port Arthur Texas and Fort Pierce Florida (which is actually the Pacific, but still affected by the hurricanes. If you have any questions at all with volunteering here, I'd be more than happy to answer them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: