The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1992 USN Gulf War Vet w/ RA & Mixed Connective Tissue Di

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: 1992 USN Gulf War Vet w/ RA & Mixed Connective Tissue Di Reply with quote

Hi. This is Shaun Orris writing you good folks here. Today I got a mixed bag of news from VA Regional concerning my claim for service connection for unspecified autoimmune disorder, namely LUPUS. I was denied service connection for LUPUS because I did not have a doctor diagnose me for it.

I will leave out the details of locations, but here is what the VA put in writing:

Your were seen at VAMC **** in June 2007 for aches and pains. That examiner diagnosed fibromyalgia overlap syndrome. In August 2007 your main concern was medication refills and optimization of pain medication. No autoimmune condition was diagnosed. At a follow-up visit on November 13, 2007 you still had complaint of generalized arthralgias, and FIBROMYALGIA WITH MIXED CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISEASE was diagnosed. You were advised to have repeat lab work and x-rays of the shoulders and left hip.

You have not submitted any additional medical evidence in support of this claim.

... Service connection for an unspecified autoimmune disorder, to include lupus, affecting vision, skin, kidneys, brain, heart, and lungs is denied because the medical evidence of record fails to show that this disability has been clinically diagnosed.

WTF!!! Earlier it it stated in the first paragraph: Lab tests found positive ANA. The examiner reviewed your records and diagnosed +ANA and fibromyalgia.

Now, please explain to me how it is that VA denies a service connection disability claim for "unspecified autoimmune disorder ..." when the second paragraph clearly states that on November 13, 2007 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia with MIXED CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISEASE. That folks is an autoimmune disease. I should also make note I am awaiting a BVA hearing concerning VA's denial for service connection for fibromyalgia because the assholes blame a car accident as the cause of the fibromyalgia !!! (wtf)

The 2007 booklet titled "Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependants" concerning Gulf War veterans such as myself with Gulf War Syndrome states the following at Chapter 2 page 18:

" Gulf War Veterans May Receive Disability Compensation for Chronic Disabilities

... The following are examples of symptoms of an undiagnosed illness: chronic fatigue syndrome, FIBROMYALGIA, skin disorders, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, neurological symptoms, neuropsychological symptoms, symptoms involving the respiratory system, sleep disturbances, gastrointestinal symptoms, cardiovascular symptoms, abnormal weight loss, and menstrual disorders. ... [ Lou Gehrig's Disease is also part of the horrific mess loosely termed Gulf War Syndrome] "

It is all there in black and white, yet VA wants to play games and force veterans of the Gulf War such as myself to survive on sustenance pensions and be forced to wait for the incredibly long appeals process, while debt goes into collection ruining credit reports and so much more.

You tell me, does this make any sense to any of you?

*** Please note: I am a recipient of the Anthrax Vaccine Lot# FAV 008 and I was also found to have a mycoplasma in my blood by the former Chief Medical Director for NASA 1991-2001 in an expensive blood work done by way of PCR. USS Independence Yokosuka Japan 1992 Operation: Southern Watch (Persian GULF). ***

PS *** I am also diagnosed with Gulf War Syndrome and Rheumatoid Athritis (RA). All of these medical diagnoses were by VA DOCTORS. I am service connected 40%. The Fibromyalgia claim is denied twice, blaming a car accident, is in process of being appealed by the BVA in DC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: