The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contact your representatives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Cigarette Century
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubya-p

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Contact your representatives Reply with quote

If you find the information in this book to be as much of an outrage against morality as I do, please take action and contact your congressional representatives. Demand that the U.S. ratify the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. If you would like more information on what you can do to put an end to this industry of evil before they addict another generation of children, please send me a private message and I will be glad to send some links to organizations that are making a difference. We need all the support we can get.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Thanks,
William
Keith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also add that we need to demand that the presidential candidates repond to this pandemic. We need to use every opportunity offered at debates, etc. to ask the candidates pertinent questions. Question like: how much money have tobacco companies contributed to your campaign? when was the last time you met with a tobacco company representative and what did you discuss? how many former tobacco company employees are in key positions in your campaign? do you believe all businesses should be allowed to produce defective products that are harmful when used as intended- or just tobacco companies? do you believe that all Americans have a right to be protected from airborne carcinogens and toxins, like secondhand smoke, at work and in public? etc. No progress will be made on tobacco issues with a White House that is beholden to tobacco interests or believes that voters are apathetic about this subject.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Cigarette Century All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: