The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahhh, the irony

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjogrensgirl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Ahhh, the irony Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll all find this interesting.

I'm awaiting the results of a Medical Evaluation Board that was started a little over 2 years ago in relation to my reaction to the anthrax shots. The reason I needed the MEB was to determine whether or not I would need a permanent waiver for the shot and to determine whether I am fit to continue my military service. I had heard nothing until a month ago, when the individual handling my case emailed me to tell me that now, military members will not be required to have a waiver to not receive the anthrax shot if they have had an adverse reaction.

Then I get an email last week saying that anthrax shots are resuming, on a voluntary basis for now, but will become mandatory once again in the near future.

Sounds like if you've already had a reaction and documented it, they may not need you to continue as a guinea pig for future shots. At least not for now...Rolling Eyes
UsaHog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Ahhh, the irony Reply with quote

sjogrensgirl wrote:
I'm sure you'll all find this interesting.

I'm awaiting the results of a Medical Evaluation Board that was started a little over 2 years ago in relation to my reaction to the anthrax shots. The reason I needed the MEB was to determine whether or not I would need a permanent waiver for the shot and to determine whether I am fit to continue my military service. I had heard nothing until a month ago, when the individual handling my case emailed me to tell me that now, military members will not be required to have a waiver to not receive the anthrax shot if they have had an adverse reaction.

Then I get an email last week saying that anthrax shots are resuming, on a voluntary basis for now, but will become mandatory once again in the near future.

Sounds like if you've already had a reaction and documented it, they may not need you to continue as a guinea pig for future shots. At least not for now...Rolling Eyes

I hope you have hired legal Council to assist you through your MEB process?
http://www.airforcetimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-2318585.php

have any questions regarding this, feel free to email me.

Hog
celiac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hog,

Can't get to the article...can you paste it or email it?

Thanks!
UsaHog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

celiac wrote:
Hog,

Can't get to the article...can you paste it or email it?

Thanks!

celiac,

Sorry for the long delay in replying... I also could not find that link.. it's over a year old so they must have archived it?

Anyways if you need help and are having problems with your MEB or Ill from the Anthrax Vaccine... Shoot me an email usahog(at)hotmail(dot)com

Hog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: