The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spreading evil world wide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Cigarette Century
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazboh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: spreading evil world wide Reply with quote

Thank you for writing such a compressive book. I quit smoking 28 years ago and I know if I had one puff today, I would be back to 2 packs a day. I know how additive nicotine can be; it took me a few tries until I was successful. Occasionally I still get the urge to smoke but I donít. Your book really exposed how evil the companies have been in the past. While I had generally thought cigarette smoking was a personal, adult choice, after reading your book, I have changed that position.

I am appalled by two things. The first being, that the states are wasting the tobacco settlement money on other things in their budgets. More needs to be done on the state level to help people who smoke to quit and to convince those who havenít started not to start. You have pointed out that now states do rely on tobacco being able to maintain those payments.

The fact that big tobabacco sights are now set on the developing world is truly disgusting. The US has seen first hand the dangers and evils of cigarettes on the public. We are now exporting evil all around the world. If it were any other health issue we would be trying to prevent it. But instead, we are helping destroy the health advances developing countries are making. In the future, it will give them even more reasons to hate America.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Cigarette Century All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: