The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

studying abroad and in debt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocean_dreamz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: studying abroad and in debt Reply with quote

so im studying abroad and already i feel like im in big debt... is it possible to delay the real world and be in debt? or is it better to work and start paying it off?
maridod

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Dear in debt.. Reply with quote

I graduated from a private university 2 years ago, so I KNOW ABOUT DEBT!!! While I do suggest that you try and pay your debt, it should not keep you from fulfilling your dreams. Even with debt I was able to go and live and work in Greece. I am getting ready to leave again and do an internship in London for a couple months and after that I will be going back to school for a MSc in Glasgow, Scotland. Debt is something to worry about, but don't let it run your life. I don't know if you debt is school loans or private debt. If it is private debt, I would suggest not using the things that have caused the debt very often. On the other hand, if the debt is school debt...you do get a couple months in between graduation and payment....usually 6 months. Most loan companies also have deferrments for people that decide to volunteer or work for very little money. If you are looking to travel more and keep the loans at bay..I would suggest finding a good volunteer organization to work with in a country you would like to go to. Also, just FYI...you should look into the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship. You could get a masters degree paid for and it sounds like you would be a perfect candidate for it. Hope this info helped. Take care!
maridod

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: continued... Reply with quote

Sorry I also forgot to mention. I did take a break between my travels to work a little and pay a little to the school loans. Yes, I still owe alot of money, but hey its not getting paid anytime soon. Pay a little, save a lot, and travel. Occasionally you have to come back and work, but it all works itself out in the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: