The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Were Anthrax vaccines given to new Recruits during 93-94?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Were Anthrax vaccines given to new Recruits during 93-94? Reply with quote

I enlisted in the Army National Guard during late 1993. I was stationed for basic training at Fort Sill Oklahoma. To this day I have no idea what type of vaccines i received. I do remenber starting to feel not my self during the short course of my training. I asked for permission to be seen by one of the doctors there on the base. I was sent to Reynolds Army Hospital for evaluation. My symtoms at the time were disorientation and inability to stay focused on a specific task. I was discharged several weeks later on the order of one of the staff psychiatrist. No diagnosis was given. One month later after I returned home i started work in my usual trade. The disorintation seemed to have dimished, but I then began to spit small amounts of faint blood in the mornings and felt tired. I sought medical help from one of the local doctors in town and was given a clean bill of health. My symtoms stayed the same for a good six months. I then began feeling really tired like i and developed rashes on my face and chest. I sought medical attention again and was again told nothing was wrong. I'm going to jump to the here and now. I now suffer from extream fatigue, oral thrush, insomnia bone and joint pain with lack of long and short term memory. All test that have been run come out ok. The oral thrush has been a mystery to the doctors I've seen for 5 years.
Gary M - Author

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to Paul, RE: "Anthrax Vaccines in 1993-94" Reply with quote

Dear Paul: Dr. Asa says some military personnel did, in fact, receive anthrax immunizations between 1993 and 1994. According to Dr. Asa, two service members (one Army and one Air Force) with records verifying anthrax immunization in '93 and '94 became sick following vaccination and subsequently tested positive for anti-squalene antibodies. They did not have the specific lot numbers entered into their WHO shot cards or medical records.

Oral thrush is a fungal infection, which is not specifically associated with anthrax vaccination, oil adjuvant injection or autoimmune disease.

As for your other symptoms, they are consistent with the Air Force case definition for Gulf War Illness. They are also consistent with symptoms associated with autoimmunity. However, there's no way to determine if your problems are autoimmune in origin without the appropriate physical exam and clinical tests.

Has your primary care physician given you a specific "work up" for a rheumatological disease? If not, getting such an evaluation may be something you want to discuss with your doctor.

There's also no way to determine if you've been injected with squalene without having your serum tested by Tulane University Medical School in New Orleans, or the sole licensee for the Asa/Garry anti-squalene antibody assay, Autoimmune Technologies, also in New Orleans.

I would encourage you keep investigating this matter until you can determine the cause of your complaints. Again, you cannot assume your problems are vaccine related; although, from your posting there appears to be a temporal association between your military immunizations and the first appearance of your complaints.

You cannot assume your problems are related to anthrax vaccine without records that verify you actually received this immunization.

Finally, you cannot assume your problems are autoimmune (though your complaints are consistent with rheumatological illness). To verify or refute this possibility, you must go through a diagnostic process approved and then supervised by your physician.

Please, to the best of your ability, take charge of your health. If you have not discussed the possibility of autoimmune disease with your primary care physician, please consider doing this. It is possible, that your physician has already considered this and ruled it out for reasons you have not discussed, or conceivably forgotten.

You will remain in a health care "twilight zone" until you can determine the cause of your complaints. Without a diagnosis, a doctor can treat symptoms, but not the cause of those symptoms. Do everything in your power to get out of this grey area because it is self-perpetuating.

Best wishes for the new year. I hope 2005 is the year when you finally get the answers you're seeking.

Sincerely,
Gary Matsumoto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Vaccine-A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: