The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean Horizons or Reach to Teach or any other program?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemini_0615

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Korean Horizons or Reach to Teach or any other program? Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

If you are visiting this site, you must obviously enjoy adventures or the thought of something new and exciting. Thank you so much Colleen for such an insightful book! Razz

Well I have a question for anyone who has had experience teaching abroad. I have been looking into teaching english in either South Korea or China. Has anyone dealt with Reach to Teach or Korean Horizons and can offer any insight into their experiences? Perhaps another program you went through? Any information along the lines of teaching abroad would be great. I also was looking to teaching in London as well but it seems particulary hard to find paying jobs in the United Kingdom.

One more thing...I am a recent college graduate and have just received my degree in Health Care Administration (minors in Soc. and Bus.). I am interested in the field of Public Health. Does anyone know of any oppurtunities along these lines...anywhere really? I appreciate all the healp. I have been searching like crazy for fellowships and such and have found a few things...just looking for me that really peak my interest.

Thanks so much! If you would like to talk more, just PM me and we can exchange emails. Thanks! Very Happy
ashatqueens

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: In Korea Reply with quote

My advise to you is that you don't need to be going through a program.
I would check out www.daveseslcafe.com or www.worknplay.co.kr....
there are countless jobs available right now teaching english in Korea....remember that you are a hot commodity that they need. You should not be just taking a standard job....(2 million/apartment/flight/bonus)...they make this sound like these are all big deals....but they are standard....try to deal with the school that you are going to be working for directly rather than a recruiter.....and get a job in downtown Seoul....it's a city of 12 million people and you don't want to spend your time on the subway getting in and out of town.....I've been here for almost 3 years and I love it....you should come over!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: