The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice to get to Cuba?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kschutte

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Advice to get to Cuba? Reply with quote

Colleen (or anyone else with advice),

I noticed in your other post that you're going back to Cuba this summer and I thought you might have some advice for me on how to get into cuba. I'm very, very interested in going, see the country on the inside, see what it's really like. I'd love to take some spanish courses and/or volunteer, but I have yet to find any programs that have any visa authorization right now. I don't particularly want to sneak in through Mexico. Do you have any advice?

Thanks.
Kim
Steve-o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely don't go illegally, the fines are steep. I went a couple of summers ago for a little over a week with a medical aid group. So, we were able to obtain visas (educational and humanitarian aid) from the US. We still had to fly out of Toronto to get there. One guy that went down with us was staying the whole summer to teach English. I think he was going through a study abroad program through Mich State Univ. My advice would be to look for similar groups as I think (and you've probably found) that finding study abroad programs that go there will be few and far between. Good luck, if you make it there you'll find it was worth the effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: