The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Event Planner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helesi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Event Planner Reply with quote

I am an entry-level event planner who wants to travel abroad and do events for non-profits. Is this realistic? I know there are tons of jobs teaching English, but that's not my passion. Any thoughts on where to look?
divabat

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Event Planner Reply with quote

helesi wrote:
I am an entry-level event planner who wants to travel abroad and do events for non-profits. Is this realistic? I know there are tons of jobs teaching English, but that's not my passion. Any thoughts on where to look?

This is an old post, and I'm not sure if you've already found something, but I know Up With People has event management as one of their internships during the tour. The program contains a weekly performance so they'll need people to manage it!

The program isn't free (US$11800) but it's amazing and worth a shot. You could also contact them and ask for ideas (Nina would be your best shot; she's in charge of show production).

Good luck!

B*B, Tiara[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: