The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Awesome book Colleen!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LifeEnergy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Awesome book Colleen! Reply with quote

I found your book a year ago during a period of my life where i was feeling very depressed about my present and my future. College just seemed to be a lot of uninteresting stress, tedious work and hours upon hours of studying in a library. I was doing very little real life learning, and felt very unsatisfied with where this path was leading to. The worst part of it was that it seemed to me that the only thing to look forward to was the Realworld, where life would just suck even more. By my junior year, everyone in my major already had their futures planned out...running off to med school, or grad school, and applying to lots of "good" high paying stressful jobs.

I didn't know what i wanted to do, but i knew i didn't want to follow down that path, although it seemed like there was pretty much no other option in life. Then i happened to stumble upon your book, which opened my eyes and made me realize that it's indeed possible to break free from the "ideal" life and find a more fulfilling and satisfying life. I was amazed to see all the possibilities that teachers/counselors/parents/adults/friends had never told me were actually possible.

Now I'm definitely going to be delaying the real world after college, and im starting by even delaying that. You're book inspired me to delay my graduation and study abroad in europe for a year. I realized there is no rush to get the degree, and I want to get the most possible out of my college experience. I dont know what im going to do after that, nor do i care. I just hope what you said about momentum is true Wink .

Anyways, thanks for writing this book, i really must say it was the inspiration i needed to break free from being dragged into a life i don't want to live. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Delaying the Real World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: