The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index The Perseus Books Group Message Boards
Book discussion forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hello larry kane love the book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Come Together @ Lennon Revealed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greghere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: hello larry kane love the book Reply with quote

hello larry kane, im Greg French, a very big beatles and lennon fan from ipswich, suffolk, england( the beatles played gigs there at the regent theatre in 1962 and 1964 Very Happy ), and im am 14 years old.

a couple of days ago, my dad went into my local library and saw your very recent book 'Lennon revealed'...as my dad knew i was a very big beatles fan, he picked up the book and rented it out..i have already read most of your book and seen the bonus dvd which is great, and love the book...! like the reviews in it, i agree it actually portrays the true sides to john, sometimes exploding with thouhts and imagination, and other times being calm and keen to listen to other peoples thoughts, and unlike so many books out there that just simply DO NOT tell the truth about john, and are pure myth. i like the way you commented on the way a fan said they noticed some redness in john's hair, on the 1975 weekend you spent with him, where he helped out with charity, as yoko ono mentioned the 'redness in his hair' in the sleave notes in the 'wonsaponatime' collection. i am also fascinated by listening to his recorded interviews, and even reading them keeps me interested for hours, and i just love listeing to his opinions on all kinds of things including politics...and it must have been fascinating to hear/listen to him in real life!
well i hope you do read this Larry, and i really did enjoy your book, but i want to ask you, have you ever read, seen, or heard about a book called 'nowhere man-the final days of John Lennon'? i have it in my book collection and find it incredibly interesting(it is bassickly an account on his dakota years, with sean and yoko, although many do think it is pure fiction, so i dont know which to believe, although i do enjoy reading it. And also, if you have read it, or excerpts from it, does it seem like what the real john seemed like to you?

thanks, Greg
author

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much. I am not a big fan of Nowwhere Man because it is not a thorough look at who John was/ But I do respect the author's effort. He worked hard on it.

I appreciate your insights on Lennon Revealed . My regards to the UK.

Larry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey larry, sorry i didnt see your post..thanks for replying!

greg
Author - Larry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply from Larry Reply with quote

Greg,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read the book and to write.

One of the most amazing aspects of John's liife is his ability to light up and motivate thought. Some of us grow up and forget our youthful ideals. He never did.

All the best,
Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Perseus Books Group Message Boards Forum Index -> Come Together @ Lennon Revealed All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: